Friday, July 22, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II

we got lucky! first day screening of HP 7 part II!

Dubs was having a hard time deciding when to watch the movie. We were losing hope that we could ever get tickets for a Friday night movie or for over the weekend. Almost all SM IMAX Cinemas were booked for the weekend and reservations for the following week were not yet available. 

It was a surprise when Dubs came Thursday night at the book fair while we were just texting. He was asking me to check online for seat locations at a 3D Cinema in SM Megamall. Turns out that a scalper approached him for movie tickets. 

From first to last, I read HP by borrowing from friends.
I acquired my own set  last quarter of 2010.
We went to see Mr. Scalper and check if we can use the Dub's gcs which he meant to use for buying cinema tickets. Without further prodding, Mr. Scalper agreed to give us the two movie tickets in exchange for Php 500 worth of gcs.

A "bittersweet" movie. It's sad to see the HP movie franchise come to an end. Dubs and I were nostalgic and kept talking about when we first came across the book and the time it was adapted in film. I guess we both cannot believe that time flew by that fast. The entire Harry Potter experience after all was intertwined with our high school, college, and young adult lives.

a family friend shows us her HP outfit;
she's part of a group called Hogwarts Philippines.

It's sad to see the movie come to an end. It's that same feeling I get every time I watch the last few episodes of Friends Season 10. The Harry Potter movie series certainly made my imaginings a thousand times more vivid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment